Are you looking for a way to share files with a remote desktop that is located miles away from your current location? There are multiple methods available for transferring files from your local Windows PC to a remote desktop. While Windows users often opt for the built-in Remote Desktop Connection tool as a convenient solution, it does come with certain file transfer limitations when it comes to file transfer. Here are a few examples:
- Size limitations: When using Remote Desktop Connection, file copying and pasting is limited to 2 GB. For larger files, enable drive syncing to access local drives on the remote desktop.
- Speed constraints: File transfer via Remote Desktop Connection is slow due to bandwidth allocation for screen data and instructions, not optimized for file transfer.
- Network restrictions: Connecting computers on different networks may require port forwarding or VPN usage with Remote Desktop Connection for file transfers.
For individuals who are unable to utilize the built-in Remote Desktop Connection tool or its limitations, there are third-party tools available that can assist with file transfer.
Best tool for remote desktop file transfer on Windows 10 & 11
For seamless remote desktop file transfer on Windows 10 and 11, AnyViewer stands out as the recommended free file transfer tool. It offers several advantages over the limitations of Remote Desktop, such as size limits, speed constraints, and network restrictions. Here’s why AnyViewer is a top choice:
- Fast speed: AnyViewer boasts a strong technical team, ensuring speedy file transfers between remote desktops. The maximum file transfer speed can reach up to 10 MB/s.
- Simple setup: AnyViewer requires no special configuration, even when connecting computers on different networks.
- High security: AnyViewer prioritizes data security by employing end-to-end ECC encryption, safeguarding your files and folders from unauthorized access.
To get started with AnyViewer, follow these steps:
Step 1: To begin, you need to download, install, and launch AnyViewer 3.0 or above on both of your Windows computers. If you have an older version, it is recommended to upgrade to the latest version before proceeding.
Step 2: On the local computer, navigate to the login screen and click Sign up if you haven’t already created an account.
Step 3: Fill in the sign-up information and complete the process.
Step 4: Once logged in, you’ll see the successful login confirmation on AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be associated with your account.
Step 5: Ensure that you log in to the remote computer using the same AnyViewer account as the one you used on the local computer.
Step 6: On the local computer, navigate to the Device tab, select your desired target computer, and click File Transfer to initiate the file transfer process between the local and remote computers.
Tips: Optionally, you can also utilize a One-click control for unattended remote access to the remote computer, granting you full control as if you were physically present. After establishing the connection, you can access the Files button in the menu bar for file transfers.
Step 6: A File Transfer dialog box will appear, displaying the paths of both the local and remote computers. Simply select the desired files and use the arrows to transfer them between devices.
Note: Consider upgrading to a Professional or Enterprise plan for additional benefits, including a maximum file transfer speed of 10 MB/s, support for 5 threads of file transfer, unlimited simultaneous file transfers, and a maximum file size of 1 TB.
AnyViewer is more than a file transfer tool
AnyViewer goes beyond being a simple file transfer tool and offers a wide range of valuable features as a leading remote desktop software in the market.
- Mobile support: AnyViewer Mobile extends its compatibility to iOS and Android devices, enabling seamless access to remote desktops from smartphones and tablets.
- Multi-session: AnyViewer enables users to have multiple remote sessions open simultaneously, facilitating efficient multitasking and seamless switching between different desktops.
- Multi-monitor: AnyViewer supports multiple monitors, empowering users to work across multiple screens during remote sessions. The software also facilitates monitor switching for enhanced productivity.
- Clipboard sync: AnyViewer simplifies the transfer of text between devices by offering a shared clipboard feature, enabling seamless copying and pasting of data for collaboration purposes.
- Instant chat: During remote sessions, AnyViewer includes a built-in instant chat functionality, enabling users to communicate via text in real-time. This feature promotes effective collaboration and support among users.
- Remote management: AnyViewer allows users to remotely manage unattended computers. This includes actions such as locking, restarting, or shutting down the remote computer, providing convenient control over the targeted device.
With these comprehensive features, AnyViewer stands out as a versatile and robust remote desktop solution, facilitating efficient and secure remote access and control.
In conclusion, AnyViewer offers more than just remote desktop file transfer capabilities. With its extensive feature set, including mobile support, multi-session functionality, multi-monitor support, clipboard sync, instant chat, and remote management capabilities, AnyViewer provides a comprehensive solution for efficient and secure remote desktop access.
Whether you need to transfer files or engage in collaborative remote work, AnyViewer is a versatile choice that caters to diverse user needs in the realm of remote desktop file transfer.